Re: A plea for gsvd

From: Pascal Dupuis
Subject: Re: A plea for gsvd
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:43:11 -0500

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 06:55:12PM +0200, David Bateman wrote:

> This then comes down to two questions. 1) Who is going to do it, and 2)
> How much are you willing to pay them.

OK. I had time to rant, so I did a first try. Enclosed is a tar file
containing :
liboctave/gsvd.cc : generic interface, modelled after svd.cc
src/DLD-Functions/{Cmplx,dble}GSVD.{h, cc}
plus modified Makefile.in to add those 'features'

I'm not a C++ guru, so I took the corresponding files from *SVD* and
made something similar, no inheritance whatsoever.

It was developped inside octave-2.1.73, with debian patches, and
linked against lapack3. I guess this should not change the final
result.

The problem is that a call to gsvd results in a segmentation
fault. I probably made some basic mistake with the function call,
could someone please check the source for some obvious error ?

TIA

Pascal Dupuis

--
Dr. ir. Pascal Dupuis, conseiller technologique/technological advisor
U. C. Louvain AC/ADRE :  http://www.adre.ucl.ac.be/