Re: A plea for gsvd

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: A plea for gsvd
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:25:47 -0400

On 12-Apr-2006, Pascal Dupuis wrote:

| On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 06:55:12PM +0200, David Bateman wrote:
|
| > This then comes down to two questions. 1) Who is going to do it, and 2)
| > How much are you willing to pay them.
|
| OK. I had time to rant, so I did a first try. Enclosed is a tar file
| containing :
| liboctave/gsvd.cc : generic interface, modelled after svd.cc
| src/DLD-Functions/{Cmplx,dble}GSVD.{h, cc}
| plus modified Makefile.in to add those 'features'
|
| I'm not a C++ guru, so I took the corresponding files from *SVD* and
| made something similar, no inheritance whatsoever.
|
| It was developped inside octave-2.1.73, with debian patches, and
| linked against lapack3. I guess this should not change the final
| result.
|
| The problem is that a call to gsvd results in a segmentation
| fault. I probably made some basic mistake with the function call,
| could someone please check the source for some obvious error ?

Instead of completely new Makefile.in files, please send context diffs
relative to the version you started with.

Also, would someone please:

  * Look at this code and decide whether it would make sense to derive
    the new GSVD and ComplexGSVD classes from the existing SVD and
    ComplexSVD classes, and if so, fix things up so that they are
    derived.

  * Make the code work.  I don't have time to debug it.

  * Adapt these changes for the current development sources instead of
    the old 2.1.x sources.

  * Include ChangeLog entries with the patch.

If someone will do these things, then I will look at the code.

Thanks,