Re: Beyond 2.9.5

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Beyond 2.9.5
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:56:19 -0400

On 12-Apr-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| There is the pain of API changes and there is the pain of broken
| features, even if they are new. Better to get it all over and down with
| at once if we aren't going for a 2.9 testing release prior to a 3.0
| release candidate.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, but I've always been planning
to label a 2.9 snapshot as "testing" release before 3.0.  Those would
be the release candidates.  Once things look OK, I'd go ahead and
release 3.0.  I still don't see that 3.0 must have every new feature
we can think of.  If that's a requirement, then I don't think 3.0 will
ever happen.