Re: A plea for gsvd

From: Pascal Dupuis
Subject: Re: A plea for gsvd
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:45:18 -0500

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:47:39PM +0200, David Bateman wrote:
> Given code as a basis I'm of course willing to help out, and give
> suggestions. Firstly, I think as John says, if we are going to modify
> the SVD classes it must be done against 2.9. However, I'm not sure if it
> is better to derive a new GSVD class from SVD or where it is better to
> treat both svd and gsvd in a single class.

I suggest a two-steps process:
1) let make GSVD code work, without messing with SVD
2) let start thinking about merging or derivating the classes when the
GSVD is fully operationnal.

The revised code, intended for 2.9, is attached. pat1 and pat2 are the
Makefile patches.

Best regards

Pascal Dupuis

--
Dr. ir. Pascal Dupuis, conseiller technologique/technological advisor
U. C. Louvain AC/ADRE :  http://www.adre.ucl.ac.be/