Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:33:51 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 16-Apr-2006, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| I suppose that is one way of looking at it.  Of course, if one
| thinks in the manner of C where escape characters are always
| enterpretted as single characters, whether inside single or double
| quotes, whether as an argument of a function or not, it's confusing.

Octave was originally consistent.  There was no difference between
'single-quoted' and "double-quoted" character strings.  But...

I understand.  Anyway, I think I'm alright with encapsulating strings with
sprintf().  I've updated image routines to work with 2.9.5 and a fairly recent
version of gnuplot.  (If not recent enough, the routines revert to existing
Octave behavior.):

http://webpages.charter.net/dsebald/gnuplot/gp_image_15apr2006.zip

Dan