Re: cvsignore ?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: cvsignore ?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:14:49 -0400

On May 2, 2006, at 5:50 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  2-May-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| If we are going to stay with CVS for a little while, one thing I'd
| really like to see added is the use of cvsignore files, so that I can
| more easily identify files that are in the source tree but shouldn't be
| or should be and aren't committed. Can I propose that the attached
| cvsignore files are added and committed?

If you build Octave in a directory separate from the source tree, then
the number of junk files that accumulate in the source tree is fairly
small and most (#*, *~) are ignored by CVS by default.

It is pretty easy to do as well.  Just create the build directory,
change to it, and type

        path_to_octave_cvs/configure --configure_options
        make ; make check ; make install

- Paul