Re: C++ version of regexprep.cc

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: C++ version of regexprep.cc
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 07:33:48 +0200

Paul Kienzle wrote:

On May 3, 2006, at 3:51 PM, David Bateman wrote:

Paul Kienzle wrote:
Now it is hitting a 'max recursion limit exceeded' message in
code even uglier than the above.  In addition, I believe this
code relies on the fact that fields in a structure are ordered.
Is this code that matlab runs? If so then perhaps octave maximm recursion limit is smaller than matlabs. I'd suggest it shouldn't be for compatiability. Can this code be used to read the same file under matlab?

So again I declare defeat and say this code cannot be made to
run in Octave.
If it works in matlab for your test file, then I suspect there is something else we should be doing..

Maybe Alois can answer whether it works in matlab. I can't imagine that it does because the example file has attribute names containing ':' characters that need to be converted underscores. I had to modify mbmling in order to do so.

Alois, the context is xml4mat with Exa1.xml example that you pointed me to. It now runs most of the way through pretty quickly, but I changed a number of for loops to vector operations for speed. The last couple of for loops are still slow. I can send you what I did if you are interested in pursuing this. You will need the latest regexp.cc and mat2cell.cc from David.
mat2cell and regexp.cc were committed to CVS a few hours ago and so just do a CVS update and you'll have them.

D.