Re: Website Updates (was Re: fixes to convhulln.cc)

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Website Updates (was Re: fixes to convhulln.cc)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:29:07 -0600

On 5/4/06, Keith Goodman <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/4/06, Bill Denney <address@hidden> wrote:
> I plan to update the site to move the current home page to an about page
> and move the news to the main page.  I'll start with John's news update
> from a couple of days ago about the warn variables.  Does anyone else have
> other suggestions of what to put up there?

What do you think of centering all of the pages on the site? I think
it would look better. I'd also remove the square brackets at the
beginning and end of the navigation links. I'd put more space between
the navigation links and the copyright. And use light gray for the
copyright.

Ideas without patches are very cheap. Except for this one, of course.

Which is even worse... The way HTML will look on your browser depends strongly
on the browser. HTML is not a layout-centered  format. If you want people to
see the page exactly as you see it -- serve a pdf file.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.