Re: def const in .oct file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: def const in .oct file
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:58:47 -0400

On  9-May-2006, Tom Holroyd (NIH/NIMH) [E] wrote:

| OK, this works, as long as I have a link from (e.g.) connect.oct to
AF_UNIX.oct.
| It seems that I can't access AF_UNIX, though, if I don't have that link.  I
can access connect, which means the .oct file got loaded, but that doesn't
install all the entry points in the .oct file.  I'm sure this makes sense from
the point of view that AF_UNIX is now a real function, but it's slightly
cumbersome to have to define all the .oct files for every constant, or for that
matter all the entry points.

With 2.9.x, you can use

  autoload ("AF_UNIX", "/full/name/of/connect.oct");

in a PKG_ADD file that is installed in the same directory as connect.oct.

| Is there a way to scan the entry point table of the .oct file and
| automagically make them all visible?

Instead of trying to scan the compiled file, Octave's build process
scans the sources for DEFUN macros and lines that look like this:

  // PKG_ADD: ...

and automatically generates the contents of the PKG_ADD file.  Look at
the mk-pkg-add script in the src directory.