Re: Creating a Snapshot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Creating a Snapshot
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 02:08:17 -0400

On 22-May-2006, John W. Eaton wrote:

| Hmm.  It seems like the best fix for this problem is to arrange to
| always use the {u,}intN_t type names defined in stdint.h or
| inttypes.h.  It would also be nice to avoid the tricks that we have
| been using up until now.  Are there any systems that are capable of
| building Octave that do not have either stdint.h or inttypes.h?

OK, I checked the following change.  It eliminates the TWO_BYTE_INT,
FOUR_BYTE_INT, and EIGHT_BYTE_INT macros and the octave_int8_t,
etc. types in favor of using int8_t, int16_t, etc.  These type
definitions are available after including oct-types.h.  After
updating, you'll need to run autogen.sh and configure again.

Please let me know whether this avoids the problem you were seeing.

Thanks,