Re: m file cache

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: m file cache
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:58:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2006, John W. Eaton wrote:

Are there any widely used filesystems where the timestamp of a directory does not change if a file is added to or removed from it? I think POSIX filesystems (including NFS?) do update timestamps correctly, but I'm not sure about Windows. What about network filesystems with Windows? Samba?

I'm not sure about networked drives, but regular directories work (I'd assume that samba would work the same way since it's just reporting what the directory reports).

Bill

--
"It shows `us vs. them,' and I'm on the `us' side."
  -- Dan Quayle