Re: XML tools for Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: XML tools for Octave
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:49:21 -0400

On 29-Jun-2006, Andy Adler wrote:

| So I don't think that pushing all the complexity to the user is right.
| Somehow it should be easy to do easy things, but possible to do
| correct things.

I really don't know much about XML, but maybe XML is just the wrong
solution (generally, not just for Octave)?  But I guess it is probably
too late for that discussion as so many jumped for XML because it had
the right buzz to it and now there are many XML things that we would
like to be able to handle with Octave.

Or, if XML is the right solution, then can you (briefly, one or two
sentences) explain why it is the right solution, and also why it seems
to be so difficult to use correctly?

Sorry that this reply is off the topic of making these tools work in
Octave.