Octave and Single Precision

From: Matthew Marzilli
Subject: Octave and Single Precision
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:23:57 -0400

Hello All,

This is my first post to the Maintainters list.  My name is Matt Marzilli, I'm a researcher at Lincoln Labs working with Octave.

I am exploring the Octave Native Interface.  Are there any plans for Octave to internally support single precision, float values?  As I understand it now the single(..) function simply returns its argument and all data is stored internally as doubles.  I have read posts from developers and Paul Kienzle offering some various ways to implement single precision within the octave code base.

http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2003/msg01338.html

Has there been any development of a single precision matrix (sMatrix) octave value either in the Octave or Octave-Forge code?

Thank you,
Matt Marzilli

--
Matthew S. Marzilli