Re: some notes about mex support in Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: some notes about mex support in Octave
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:48:23 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:

> The code for sparse matrices is also not quite finished.  I could use
> some help writing the following functions:
>
>   mex.cc:             mxArray_sparse::as_octave_value
>
>   ov-bool-sparse.cc:  octave_sparse_bool_matrix::as_mxArray
>   ov-cx-sparse.cc:    octave_sparse_complex_matrix::as_mxArray
>   ov-re-sparse.cc:    octave_sparse_matrix::as_mxArray

I'd like to help out, but you might have noticed I've ben a bit quite
lately. Too many other commitments and octave had to take a second place....

What is involved in writing thes functions? I suppose by the hybrid
approach you mean you are trying to avoid copying where possible? What
does this imply? If its not too much work, I'll try to find time for it..

Regards
David