Re: Installation problems

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Installation problems
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:37:23 -0600

On 8/4/06, frank wang <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help on the gfortran and configure can find it now.

You are posting to the wrong mailing list. help-octave (General
discussion about using and installing Octave) would be more
appropriate.

However, I still have problems with installation. The configure cannot find
readline package, even though I have installed it and the rpm -q readline
said it is readline-5.1-22. The same thing happens for ncurses, termcap that
configure cannot find them even though they are installed. Can someone help
me to figure this out?

You need to install development libraries. Those usually have names
like readline-devel
and so on.

Also, I used --disable-readline and configure worked. After the make command
successfully build the package, I typed make check. Then I got:

src/DLD_FUNCTIONS/luinc.cc.........................panic:
Segmentation falut.

This may happen if your lapack/blas/ufsparse libraries were compiled
by a different
gcc compiler than the one used to compile octave.
Then there are 10000 other possibilities, but we could not tell since you
did not provide any details.

Thanks

Frank

Regards,