Re: gnuplot changes affects octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnuplot changes affects octave
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:26:41 -0400

On 22-Aug-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| That's a real abuse of the save_ascii function. The only reason this is
| ok, is that should only be the plot code that uses the strip_nan_and_inf
| flag (can this be guarenteed or at least confirmed)?

Yes, that's the intent, but I don't see how to guarantee it.

| I'd also be happier
| is the CMatrix::save_ascii and Matrix::save_ascii function had another
| name to avoid confusion with the function of the same name in the
| octave_value classes.

OK.  My intent was originally to avoid duplicating code, but now I've
more or less done it anyway.  I'd welcome concrete suggestions about
how to clean this up.  Eliminating arguments to the save_ascii
function and splitting the functionality out to two separate functions
is OK by me.  We already have save_ascii_data_for_plotting in
ls-oct-ascii.cc that calls save_ascii_data.