string input of datenum is disabled

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: string input of datenum is disabled
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:11:49 -0400

On 25-Aug-2006, Alexander Barth wrote:

| If datenum is called with a string argument, I get the error "string form of
dates not yet
| supported". The code in datenum handling string arguments (datevec) is
commented out. When datevec
| is enabled, datenum worked as expected (I tested the examples provided in the
matlab's documentation.)

| Attached is the patch to enable it.

OK, I'm not sure why this was disabled.  Maybe someone else can
comment on that.  Since it seems to work for at least some cases, I've
checked in the change.  I noticed that the following fail:

  datenum('March 28, 2005  3:37:07.033 PM')
  datenum('12-jun-17', 'dd-mmm-yy', 1400)

I would welcome patches to fix these problems.

Thanks,