Re: PKG wishlist

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: PKG wishlist
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:32:47 +0200

tor, 31 08 2006 kl. 16:50 +0200, skrev David Bateman:
> >> 4) Automatic webpage creation for each package from the description file
> >> with inclusion of any html docs that are found in the package
> >>
> > I think I have some code for this somewhere -- I'll browse my archives.
> >
> Good, I'll do nothing here then
Okay, I've found some old python code that I've updated a bit. It's now
in octave-forge cvs in the dir 'www'. Just
  cd www
  ./build-www.py
This should generate a directory for each package containing a file
called index.html. The most easy way to see the result is to open the
file index.html in the www directory.
If the packager wants a better html description of the package, he can
have a
  html-file: a_file_containing_a_description.html
in the DESCRIPTION file. build-www.py will insert the content of that
file instead of the value of the description key in the DESCRIPTION
file.

Søren