Re: PKG wishlist

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: PKG wishlist
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 01:16:06 -0400

On Aug 30, 2006, at 5:40 PM, David Bateman wrote:
In any case where octave-forge is at now, after the stuff I've committed
is that all but four packages are converted these being

2) extra/perl, as this is a perl CPAN package and it makes no sense to
have it in the octave package manager

Similarly for extra/soctcl

3) extra/tk_octave as there are some really quite complex install
issues, such as having a version of octave built with pthreads that I
can't see how to deal with in the package manager, though initial
packaging is done. Paul do you want to deal with this?

For various reasons I haven't touched tk_octave in ages (soctcl is
doing the job I need it to, and tk_octave doesn't have locking, so
with some vanishingly small probability memory could be deleted
which is still being used).  I'm content to let it fester, or have
it marked as unmaintained, or removed entirely.

- Paul