Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colu

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colum
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:09:22 -0600

OK, as usual, I need to retract some statements. See below.

on 9/6/06 12:43 PM, Joe Koski at address@hidden wrote:

> [...]

As explained on the octave-help list, loadimage is only for the .img format.
Now I understand.

> Is there an image reading test that is part of octave or octave-forge? Since
> every part of octave-2.9.8 that I really need is working, I had assumed that
> image reading was a work in progress, and would eventually get fixed. I want
> to help, but for me to stand around saying that things just don't work is
> not useful to anyone, especially when people are already aware of the
> problems. I'm not sure which part of image reading falls onto octave turf
> (loadimage?), and which is part of octave-forge (imread?), and why they both
> exist (history?).
>
> To check things correctly, I should probably be working with the latest CVS
> octave-forge. When I attempt to use the CVS instructions on the octave
> repository web page, I get:
>
> Joe-Koskis-Computer:~ jakoski$ cvs
> -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/octave login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/octave
> CVS password:
> cvs login: CVSROOT may only specify a positive, non-zero, integer port (not
> `cvsroot').
> cvs login: Perhaps you entered a relative pathname?
> cvs login: warning: skipping invalid entry in password file at line 1
>
> Do I need to export CVSROOT=something before I attempt login?
>
> Once I get past that, I assume the modulename that I want is octave-forge.
> Correct?

After some fiddling, and export CVSROOT=/cvsroot/octave, I was able to get
octave-forge from CVS. I figure having the latest will avoid the classic
"It's already fixed in CVS" answer. I borrowed a configure script and
configure.in from octave-forge-2006.07.09, and attempted a build, but ran
into errors during make. So I guess my corrected question is about how to
treat CVS octave-forge. Should I build with it, or just use it as a source
for test routines? If I build, where do I get the configure script info?

Thanks.

> Thanks.
>
> Joe

Joe