Re: Where to add documentation for Octave?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Where to add documentation for Octave?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:08:14 -0400

On 12-Sep-2006, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 00:20 +0200, David Bateman wrote:
| > Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
| > > Hi there.
| > > I want to add some pieces missing in Octave Manual.
| > > I have a CVS current version of the octave repository.
| > >
| > > I tried adding the TexInfo documentation to a section
| > > in doc/interpreter/func.txi in its Variable arguments
| > > sections and it compiled and built the PDF all fine.
| > >
| > > But still that section remains empty. Why is that?
| > > Any help?
| > >
| > > Thanks,
| > > -Muthu
| > >

| > Was the func.txi file munged to the func.texi file correctly?
| >
| > D.
| >

| Well it does munge it into func.texi.
| Wondering what the problem is.

So you added text to a .txi file and ran make and the text you added
appeared in the .texi file, and commands were run to generate the
various output formats for the manual (info, dvi, ps, pdf) and these
files are all newer than the newest of the corresponding .texi files
but the text you added did not appear in the newly formatted files?  I
have no idea what could cause that.  You will need to look at the
output from running Make to see what commands are run and start
debugging from there.  If you want us to help you do the debugging,
you will need to provide details, not just a general description of
the problem.