Re: moving toward a 3.0 release

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: moving toward a 3.0 release
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:53:10 +0200

Bill Denney wrote:
> OK, so I've been completely swamped with other work recently.  I have
> written many m-files, but I've not had time to dedicate to making a
> graphics front end.  That said, the code that I posed back in May was
> an excellent skeleton, it just needed many external features
> implemented (i.e. I think it had lines, patches, axes, figures and
> other stuff-- like I said I've not looked at it in a while).
>
> One of the major difficulties I had is that I don't know gnuplot well,
> and I therefore had difficulty trying to make gnuplot work with the
> frontend.  Without a good backend, it's tough to test the frontend.
> The other problem is that with the speed of the interpreter, it takes
> ~30 second to create first figure.
>
> Bill
So would you be willing to try to write a backend? Do you know of
someone who would? How long do you estimate the time needed (taking into
account that this is a volunteer project) to write such a backend? Sorry
to be direct, but these need to be answered so that John can fix the
feature freeze date.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only