Re: Octave 2.9.9 available for ftp

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.9 available for ftp
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:35:32 +0200

* John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2006-10-02 21:49]:

> Octave 2.9.9 is now available for ftp from ftp.octave.org in the
> directory /pub/octave/bleeding-edge:
>
> [snip]

FYI, the Debian package octave2.9_2.9.9-1 has been uploaded to the unstable
(sid) distribution and it has already been autobuilt on 8 architectures
(amd64, s390, alpha, ia64, mips, powerpc, mipsel, and sparc).  Only hppa and
arm are lagging behind.  This version will realistically be included in the
forthcoming Debian release (codename etch), due to the beginning of December
2006.

> If there are no really serious bugs reported in the next week or so,
> then this version will replace 2.1.73 as the "testing" version.

Do you mean that we should make octave2.9 the default Octave in Debian? If
the answer is yes, we have to hurry up with the packaging efforts, because
the general freeze is scheduled for October 18.

--
Rafael