Re: octavede - a ide for octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: octavede - a ide for octave
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:17:21 +0200

Sebastien Loisel wrote:
> Good job, John,
>
>     adding some hooks into the interpreter such that after a command
>     returns to the top level or hits a break point that information
>     queried
>     by the IDE can be pushed into some thread-safe object for later
>     retrieval by the IDE.
>

> From my own experience, this would in fact be a very good thing.
> Basically have an idle() function that gets called when the
> interpreter is in a safe state and stuff has changed.
>
> Sébastien Loisel

I think we'd all be happy to see the appropriate hooks added. The
important thing is that the hooks are placed at the right point. I'd
like to see that the IDE uses the octave history and readline facilities
rather than have to reimplement these in an independent and probably
incompatible manner. If one of you propose a set of hooks, we could
review them and start on the path to actually getting them included...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary