Changing usage to print_usage

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Changing usage to print_usage
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:14:48 -0400

On  9-Oct-2006, Bill Denney wrote:

| I like the use of print_usage() better than regular usage(), and it is
| definitely more informative.  So, I thought I'd make a patch to do that.
| Essentially, I just looked at the scripts directory with the commands:
|
| for I in `grep -rl usage *`
| do \
|     cat $I | sed -e 's/ usage.*/ print_usage\(\);/' > tmpfile
|     mv tmpfile $I
| done
|
| and I then went through the cvs diff file to make sure what I did was
| correct.
|
| I removed everything that I saw that looked incorrect, and that was all
| the uses of the usage command except for in
|
| miscellaneous/license.m
| plot/__axis_label__.m
| plot/__errcomm__.m
| plot/__plt__.m
|
| There are a few other changes in there (for example in mean.m and
| moment.m, usage was used where error should have been used).  I'm not
| listing the files touched because there are 506 of them, and there are
| only 297 more .m files in the scripts directory.
|
| Bill
|
| scripts/Changelog:
|
| 2006-10-09  Bill Denney  <address@hidden>
|     * *.m: change almost all occurrances of usage() to print_usage()

I would also like to have these changes.

I tried to apply this patch, but I hit errors like

  patch: **** malformed patch at line 64: @@ -61,7 +61,7 @@

several times.  I don't understand why this is happening.  Can you
please try to generate the patch again and then check to be sure that
you are able to apply it to the original sources before you send it?

Thanks,