Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all pa

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all packages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:40:33 -0400

On Oct 11, 2006, at 7:43 AM, David Bateman wrote:

Paul Kienzle wrote:

2) Does the package system have a one paragraph description for
the package that you could show in the detail box?
Paul,

Thinking again about this point, the problem here is that it was Soren
and I that wrote the existing short descriptions. I would like to
descriptions of packages to be longer and more informative, but I don't
think either Soren or myself can do more that the terse phrase we have
already included for the packages we don't support. Patch the
DESCRIPTION file to add a longer description. Note this same description
will be used in the creation of the srpms as well.

I would like to see a one sentence description on the
package listing and a one paragraph description on the
detail page.  Maybe we can use the 'first sentence is
summary' trick here.

I will see what I can do tonight to write some longer
package descriptions.

- Paul