Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including allpac

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including allpackages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:13:33 +0200

Michael Creel wrote:

> Maybe reducing the number of packages makes at this time. The stuff in
> Econometrics could go into Statistics, since MLE is well known generally
> and GMM is just another name for minimum Chi-square estimation.
> Michael

I think there are many other potential changes of a similar nature
including splitting up the miscellaneous and general packages, making an
xml package that includes all of the existing tools, etc. However, I
must admit we went the route of simplicity and converted the current
octave-forge directory structure directly into packages. Feel free to do
what you think is necessary to rationalize the situation...

D.