Re: Second attampt at new octave-forge web site

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Second attampt at new octave-forge web site
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:00:19 -0600

on 10/17/06 1:35 PM, Bill Denney at address@hidden wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, David Bateman wrote:
>
>> It should be in untar.m rather than tar.m. However I don't see anything
>> there that should be the cause of the issue. Perhaps you need the
>> absolute path to tar. Could you try
>>
>> pkg install <path_to_pkg>/image-1.0.0.tar.gz
>>
>> and see if it helps... I'm at a loss to explain why you are seeing the
>> problem like this..
>
> Might there be a problem if there is a space in the home directory path?
> Perhaps tar is messing up on something like:
>
> tar <options> /home/Joe Koski/image-1.0.0.tar.gz
>
> Bill

Bill,

I had already considered that, and placed underscores in place of spaces,
where appropriate, in all the directories involved
(/Downloads_and_Updates/octave-forge_packages and /Users/jakoski/octave).

However, that is something to watch on Macs. It has tripped me when making
mpeg movies with the VisIt package from LLNL.

Thanks.

Joe