Re: image.m using gnuplot

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: image.m using gnuplot
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:47:04 -0500

Daniel J Sebald wrote:
Paul Kienzle wrote:
On Oct 18, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Quentin Spencer wrote:

Søren Hauberg wrote:

xv, loadimage, or dispæay (for image.m)

When gnuplot 4.2 is released, it will be possible to display images in gnuplot. I'm working on a patch to image.m.

A patch is already available. Dan Sebald worked out the initial details, and I think Joe Koski updated it. I don't know if I have the latest version. Joe can send you his.

The most recent is at http://www.gnuplot.info/links.html under the heading Octave. Files are

image_gp.m  imagesc_gp.m  __img_gp__.m  imshow_gp.m  README_gp_image.txt

where links in one's local octave directory would be:

image.m -> image_gp.m
imagesc.m -> imagesc_gp.m
imshow.m -> imshow_gp.m

The __img_gp__.m is supposed to be analogous to the __plt__.m already in the Octave source tree. Feel free to reorganize and/or clean up some cruft that may be in there to deal version.

Yes, I'm using your code as a starting point, but it needed a few minor changes to work with 2.9.9, and I decided to split out the gnuplot version detection into a separate __gnuplot_verion__.m function so that the other plotting functions can use 4.2 specific features as well (like binary data transfer and custom line styles). I'll post the results here soon when I'm finished.

Quentin