MSVC compiler support [patch 14]: Additional configuration

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: MSVC compiler support [patch 14]: Additional configuration
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:24:49 -0400

On 17-Oct-2006, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| * defines default LIBS (link against kernel32 and ws2_32)
| * force having LoadLibrary API
| * force definition of __WIN32__ under MSVC

I applied the patches or these changes, but used msdosmsvc instad of
msdos.

| * do not use soft links (simply copy files)

I'm not applying this until I understand why it is needed.  If you are
using the MSYS shell, then I think the code for the AC_PROG_LN_S macro
in the configure script should set LN_S="cp -p".  If that fails, then
I think we should report the bug to the autoconf maintainers.