Re: MSVC compiler support [patch 11]: CRUFT.DLL exported symbols (Fortra

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC compiler support [patch 11]: CRUFT.DLL exported symbols (Fortran)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:54:05 +0200

John W. Eaton a écrit :
With this rule, it appears that an extra entry will be added to the
cruft.def file each time a file is compiled (it can happen more than
once if the object files are removed, or if the source file is
touched). Is that a problem?

I know this can happen, but this is not a problem. A symbol can appear several times in the def file without producing an error. Note that this situation (removing objects files and recompiling) implies you 're hacking octave with MSVC, and I guess this won't happen that much :-)

 Perhaps we should instead create a
separate def file for each source file and then collect them all at
the end?

That should be possible. I'll have a look.

  Also, I don't see any rule to remove the cruft.def file.

Forgot it (I have it locally, but it's not in my patches).

Michael.