MSVC compiler support [patch 24]: strftime crash

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: MSVC compiler support [patch 24]: strftime crash
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:53:49 -0400

On 25-Oct-2006, I wrote:

| There is a replacement version of strftime already included with
| Octave that we could use instead of breaking this feature.  So I think
| we should add a configure check to see if %T works, and if it doesn't,
| #undef HAVE_STRFTIME.

There is a test here, but it does not check %T:

  http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ag_check_strftime.html

It should not be too hard to add it though.

For now, I have a special case in configure.in.  Can you please check
to make sure that liboctave/strftime.c will compile on your system if
HAVE_STRFTIME is not defined in config.h?

Thanks,