Re: IE 7 Problems

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: IE 7 Problems
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:18:53 +0100

It's always a good idea to rely on MS's bugfixing capabilities :-)
It looks to me like the navigation is affected by the margin of the contents (although it's hard to tell without having IE7 available).

I can't test this (I don't even know how to get access to a windows machine), but perhaps changing octave.css from

div#content {
display: block;
margin-left: 11em;
}

div#content {
  position: relative;
  left: 11em;
  width: 80%;
}

This doesn't do the same thing as the current setup, but it looks fairly similar on my mozilla browser. Perhaps it works with IE7?

Søren

John W. Eaton skrev:
Does anyone (Bill?) have a clue about how to fix this problem?  Is it
a bug in the HTML/javascript/whatever generates the menu?  Or is it a
bug in IE7?  Or should we just ignore the issue, because you know, it
is probably just a bug in IE7 and M$ will issue a patch shortly and
everyone using the buggy version will upgrade immediately.

Ugh.

The screenshot is attached.

jwe