octave tools in C++ form

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: octave tools in C++ form
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:28:23 +0100

Hi,

In my attempt to port octave tools (octave-config, mkoctfile) to native Win32, I converted
the shell scripts into (almost) equivalent C++ code. The actual shell script does not heavily
rely on the underlying shell, and the porting was quite straightforward. This port also solves
the relocation/OCTAVE_HOME problem and removes the dependency of octave on
an existing shell (I wanted to get rid of it).

The files are attached. Of course, you might not agree with this idea, so take this code more
as a "for your information, if you want to use it".

Michael.