Re: octave "Most Wanted" feature

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: octave "Most Wanted" feature
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:27:50 -0500 (EST)

OK, I'm willing to concede the point that this might not add much more than a single add instruction, if you always did it and it was always restricted to integers. FFTW arrays already have origin and stride, don't they? And I guess I should face the fact that Octave arrays are already a higher-level representation, eh? :-)

So, octave_index_origin() and octave_array_stride() don't really cut it, since each dimension needs its own stride. So you'd need a special type that included origin and stride in the constructor, right? Regular arrays would default to 0 and the product of the preceeding dimensions, respectively.