Re: f95 syntax and octave

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: f95 syntax and octave
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:05:34 -0500

On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Alexander Barth wrote:

To my knowledge, this would be the first Fortran 90 code in octave-forge. Do you see any problems
with that? It compiles with gfortran 4.1 (tested in Fedora).

It is okay for parts of octave-forge to fail to build, though it is preferable to do so in a controlled manner by testing for required features (libraries, compilers, APIs, ...) before building.

I don't know how configuration works in the new build system so I can't tell you what to do to test for fortran 90. Also, fortran 90 support might be something best left to mkoctfile.

Perhaps someone on the maintainer's list has thoughts on the matter.

- Paul