Re: PATH: default fortran naming scheme when using F2C

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: PATH: default fortran naming scheme when using F2C
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:27:39 +0100

Providing a pre-compiled octave is not really a problem. Even in the form of
a self-executable installer (with the help of NSIS). But I guess it would make more sense to provide such a package for a public release, and not a particular
CVS image. Anyway, this is something I can provide, if needed.

There's also the question of what to put into such a package in terms of external
libraries (FFTW, SparseSuite...), M-packages (octave-forge, which does not
compile well under MSVC) and so on. For the moment, I'm compiling octave
against FFTW, GPLK, a hacked version of SparseSuite and readline, because
it suits my needs. But you might think about other configurations.

Michael.

Paul Thomas a écrit :
Michael and John,

Are you in a position yet to post an MSVC binary? This would do an immense amount to popularise octave; if for no other reason than the performance increases for "fortran" style code.

Let me congratulate you both on a sterling effort in shoe-horning octave into MSVC.

Best regards

Paul Thomas