Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Pre-compiled octave for Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:56:18 +0200

I think the natural place for it is on octave-forge, which also has
some other precompiled binaries for windows.
However if this is problem I can always put it in the octplot site
although it's not really "natural" since it doesn't even include
octplot (didn't port so well ...)

Shai

Hi,

 Using NSI, I built (mainly as a try-out) a pre-compiled package of octave,
with
 the main support tools included. This package contains:
 - octave with support for BLAS, LAPACK, SparseSuite, HDF5, ZLIB, GLPK, Pcre
and FFTW
 - gnuplot
 - support tools (less, sed, makeinfo; actually just the EXE and DLL's)

 The problem of the support tools installation path was solved pretty easily
as the
 bin directory of Octave is put automatically into PATH at startup; hence
the EXE
 just have to be in the bin directory.

 I thought this could be a easy way for windows people to give octave a try.
The
 problem I have for the moment is the size of the package, ~13MB. I can't
send
 that by e-mail (because of our mail server), nor do I have on-line storage
space
 where I could put it publicly. So if anybody has an idea, I'd be glad to
pass it
 to anyone interested.

 Regards,
 Michael.