high level handle plotting functions

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: high level handle plotting functions
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:21:44 +0200

Hi all,

In the interest of reducing code duplication, I have identified all
the high level plotting commands used by octplot, and put them in a
separate subdirectory in the octplot distribution.
You can browse these functions in the SVN:
http://octplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octplot/trunk/octplot/high_level/

and download the as per the instructions at
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=86268

High level functions are those which do not depend on the detailed
graphics implementation (octplot in this case) and which should work
in any handle graphics system which has "standard" objects and
properties (standard == defined in the RFC) -- i.e. plot, contour,
bar, pcolor are high level, while get,set,line,patch,drawnow are
low-level.
I think these (and more) high level functions should eventually be
part of the octave distribution, and I will be happy to hear
suggestions on how to proceed with this goal in mind.

Shai