Problem with gnuplot under Windows

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Problem with gnuplot under Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:26:16 +0100

For the record, I posted a patch for gnuplot under Win32, see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1627936&group_id=2055&atid=302055

The problem appears while piping data to pgnuplot.exe. When a lot of data is used, gnuplot suffer data loss. This is due to the internal of pgnuplot, which overflows to event queue of
wgnuplot.exe, without checking that messages are actually sent.

The patch I proposed allows the compile gnuplot into a mode similar to UNIX, with real pipe communication. The result is a faster communication with octave and no
data loss anymore.

I don't know if this patch will find its way into the main source tree, so I post it here for the record. I plan to include the modified version in the pre-compiled Windows
package of octave.

Bye.
Michael.