RE: Octave for windows (new location)

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Octave for windows (new location)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:21:19 +0100

These are part of the previous Microsoft compiler, named .NET 2003. I must
admit that while trying to solve the "DLL hell", M$ created a new one...
I just noticed that Console2.exe is compiled with this compiler, hence it's linked
against those RunTime libraries. I have them installed on my system (C:\\WINDOWS\\system32), but I don't where they come from (maybe from
.NET framework 1.1). I guess I should recompile Console2.
[OTOH, pre-built Console2 should also provide those DLL].

Alternatively, you can try http://www.dll-files.com. The fact is that, as M$ upgraded
their Runtime library, I don't know if they are still available from M$ site.

In the meantime, you can still run octave.exe outside Console2. Just double-click
on the exe file.

On 8-Jan-2007, address@hidden wrote:| Thanks to David Bateman, pre-compiled package of octave for windows is now available at http://www.dbateman.org/?page=octave&lang=EN.I downloaded and ran the installer. That seems to work but startingOctave fails with a message about msvcp71.dll missing. Where is thatfile supposed to be found? Should it be included with thedistribution?Thanks,jwe