Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:27:07 -0500

On 29-Jan-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| I think shadowed functions should be first in the load path, otherwise
| they will never be used. However, I think we have eliminated all of
| these shadowed functions like FIXES/ and I don't think they should ever
| come back.

FIXES may be gone, but other functions are still shadowed, and the
versions in Octave Forge are not always the best ones, so I think
warning, at least it would be clear that there are functions that
overlap.  Even if we just made this warning completely optional, those
of us working on Octave could turn it on and then we would be notified
that there is a potential problem.