Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:53:26 -0500

David Bateman wrote:
However, ideally there should be some means to avoid autoloading particularly
of globally installed packages...
How does this sound:

* There is a file in the package directory that defines if the package is supposed to be auto-loaded as I previously described. * If there is a global package directory and a local package directory with the same name, absence or presence of the file in the local directory overrides the global package directory's file.

To me that a) leaves it in user control, b) shouldn't be too hard to implement, and c) doesn't seem too fragile (assuming that packages just use their package name as the directory name since that won't change between versions).

How does that sound?

Bill