Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:36:52 -0500

On 31-Jan-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| Then if I've understood correctly from the above, as the user can't
| disable the warning, you believe that no warning message should be given
| with a PKG_ADD command?

I think I would find it annoying to see this message every time I
started Octave if I knew what the package was doing and had decided
that it was the behavior I wanted.  But maybe that would be better
than having people complain that Octave is doing funny incompatible
things because they loaded a package and were never alerted to the
fact that the package changed the behavior of some core functions.

So let's go with the PKG_ADD warning and see how many people are
bothered by it.  If there is a problem, then maybe we can find a
solution.  Perhaps a command-line option to disable the warning that
would take effect before the load-path is initialized?