Re: graphics-branch in CVS

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: graphics-branch in CVS
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:14:36 +0100

John W. Eaton skrev:
On 31-Jan-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| John W. Eaton skrev:
| > The following patch should get you past this problem.
| It brings me past the problem and straight into another:
| | octave:4> imshow(rand(100))
| error: `__gnuplot_version__' undefined near line 74 column 23

| I guess I just need __gnuplot_version__ ?

Yes, it was accidentally deleted from the CVS archive.  I didn't
notice because I was picking up a copy from another directory.  I
checked it in again, so you should get it if you update.
Great I can now show images. However, the images doesn't appear to be correctly shown. If I type "imshow(rand(100))" I should see a gray-scale image of random colors, but I see a color image.

| > | P.S. Do you need the "drawnow()" at the end of image.m?
| > Maybe not.
| > Yes.
| I've never liked this behavior of matlab because you don't get to see | your results until all computations are done. So I like that drawnow is | called by the drawing functions, but I don't think it's quite as | effective when you have multiple plots in one figure.

OK, I'm not sure what to fix here, or how.
I'm not sure anything needs fixing, I just found it to be odd that you have drawnow inside the drawing functions and also call it before the user gets control of the prompt. Seems like you do the same thing twice then.

Søren