Re: graphics-branch in CVS

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: graphics-branch in CVS
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:05:05 +0100

Bill Denney skrev:
Generally, an mxnx1 matrix in the range [0 1] is considered greyscale while an mxnx3 in either the range [0 1] or [0 255] is considered RGB. An mxnx1 in the range [0 255] is considered indexed to the current colormap using the nearest integer (I'm only almost sure about the nearest integer part).
This is true for "double" images. If a matrix is of type uint8 or uint16 and is MxN it will be gray-scale. I think matlab also supports int8 and int16 images, but I don't know anybody who actually uses that.

Søren