RE: MSVC compiler patches

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: MSVC compiler patches
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:34:09 -0500

On 30-Oct-2006, address@hidden wrote:

| > * libglob. At the moment, I'm leaning toward leaving this as an external
| > dependency. We can distribute the tar file that David Bateman sent
| > alongside Octave if necessary. If there are additional changes needed to
| > build it with MSVC, then please post patches.
|
| Here are a set of compilation helpers (Unix to MSVC translation) and a
| slightly modified glob, as received from David Bateman.

I would still prefer to leave glob as an external dependency, but
would consider including it if we use the version from gnulib.  The
reason I would prefer to use the gnulib version is that it makes more
sense to me to have one place for that code rather than multiple
versions in many different packages.  If the version in gnulib doesn't
work for you, then I think we should try to contribute patches so that
it will.