Re: 2.9.10, finally?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 2.9.10, finally?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:00:14 -0600

| Well, the __gnuplot_raw__ is something I wish would be retained.  (I
| thought it actually was meant to be some generic originally, like
| "__graphics_raw__".)  It allows accessing features and terminal
| settings that Octave may not have reason to implement, e.g.,
| building animations using a series of plots.  Its a helpful routine.

If you are using __gnuplot_raw__ only, then you might as well be using

  plot_stream = popen ("gnuplot", "w");
  fprintf (plot_stream, ...);
  pclose (plot_stream);

Not just __gnuplot_raw__.  It's nice to have the flexibility to tweak a plot by
issuing that command just before a plot() command, by setting some parameter
that normal handle graphics may not access.  I think there are a few things
gnuplot can offer that normal handle graphics can't.  Compatibility is nice,
but so is the ability to go beyond that.

I'll see how CVS is set up.

Dan