Re: 2.9.10, finally?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 2.9.10, finally?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:31:00 -0600

Søren Hauberg wrote:
John W. Eaton skrev:

  + With gnuplot 4.2, image data is plotted with gnuplot and may be
    combined with other 2-d plot data.

Does this actually work? With a recent CVS checkout I get the following behaviour:

* "imshow(rand(100))" shows a color image, while it should be a gray-scale image (rand(100) is 2D and hence gray-scale).

    Display the image IM, where IM can a 2-dimensional (gray-scale
    image) or a 3-dimensional (RGB image) matrix. If three matrices of
    the same size are given as arguments, they will be concatenated
    into a 3-dimensional (RGB image) matrix.

In a hurry to document, someone may have typed "gray-scale" when really what was meant is
gradient or "according to colormap".

However, there may be a bug somewhere.  I'd think that

colormap(gray(64));
imshow(rand(100));

would be gray-scale, but that too has a color gradient.

* "I(:,:,3) = rand(100); imshow(I)" shows a horizontal gradient image where the left-most color is black, going through, purple to red, ending in the right-most color being yellow. The shown image should have been a blue image containing random values.

Definitely a bug there.

Dan