Re: New function proposal

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: New function proposal
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:15:07 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > pipe needs changing as well. I think John needs to express what he wants
> > done and will accept in the code to here.
>
> I know "pipe" needs fixing as well, this was not my point here. If
> it's only about
> switching from list to cell array, then it's a single line change:
> declare file_ids
> as Cell of size (1,2).
>
> Michael.

Yes, it is a simple change, but where is pipe/popen2 used? Should we
take these usages into account or just rest on the position that lists
are deprecated and get rid of them? If we get rid of them should we use
a cell array or or something else? In this case it might be better to
just use two return values as there are only two elements in the lists.
There is no point doing the work, if John doesn't like the solution and
won't accept the code, so better that he makes some statement...

Cheers
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only